Learn about holding your own event in your workplace to support United Way
Did you know that you can build your own event in support of United Way? Any funds collected beyond your break-even amount will go towards United Way’s work tackling local, #UNIGNORABLE issues—including poverty, homelessness and mental health—in communities across Greater Toronto.
Creating your own fundraising event is easy. We’ve got a few tips to get you going:
- Start with a hobby or something you feel passionate about
- Do some research to identify a particular need in your community
- Pick a time and a place that works for you (and event attendees!)
Whatever you decide, when you show your local love, your community always benefits!
The Longest Night
The Longest Night is a fundraising event that you can hold in support of United Way to raise awareness of and engage your employees around the #UNIGNORABLE issue of homelessness. Participants sign up to commit to sleeping for one night in their car, they share their experience through social media, and raise money by collecting pledges from friends and family. Here is what you need to get started:
- Click here to download the Longest Night FAQs
- Click here to download the Longest Night fundraising set-up tips
Are you interested in running your own Longest Night event? Please contact our Events team for more info: email@example.com